Thanks for showing interest in joining our church family! Anyone is able to present themselves as a candidate for membership at Calvary Baptist Church. Below you will find a list of steps toward becoming a member. We look forward to getting to walk with you through this process.
The membership process of Calvary Baptist Church includes the following:
- Have a transforming, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have been immersed as a believer in baptism.
- Attend the membership class.
- Meet with a staff member for recommendation of membership.
- Agree to the Statement of Beliefs and Church Covenant.
- Be affirmed by the church body.
Ways you can come to membership at Calvary include:
- Profession of faith: By profession faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
- Letter: Members of other churches of the same faith and practice may be received by letters of recommendation from their respective churches.
- Statement of Faith: Members from churches other than Baptist churches may be received by statement of faith, provided they have been baptized by immersion.
- Restoration of membership: If you have previously been removed from membership you may be restored to membership at Calvary after displaying evidence of repentance from sin, Christian conduct, and scriptural faith.
If you are interested in joining Calvary, membership classes are offered four times per year during the months of February, May, August, and October. Classes are three weeks long and meet during the Sunday School hour (9:30am).
If you would like more information on becoming a member of Calvary Baptist Church please call us at 859-236-5350 or email us. We look forward to speaking with you further about joining our church family.